This list show the latest articles and post I read and I can recommend for reading.
- When designing a vSAN Cluster, you should think about performance impact of deduplication and compression. This excellent article describes this very well! Hint: it is about capacity tier.
- What to consider, when using large capacity devices in vSAN? Read this article to think about this topic carefully. A important question from performance perspective: Is the device fast enough to provide the capacity at a reasonable latency?
- This post gives an overview of Google Cloud and how Google Cloud VMware Engine is embedded their.
- Manage HPE Server Firmware with new vSphere Lifecycle Manager in vSphere 7. Configuration includes HPE iLO Amplifier Pack for firmware deployment.
- An introduction to BitFusion. VMware acquired BitFusion some time ago and implemented the technology in vSphere.
- NVMe-oF in vSphere 7. This post gives a historic view to storage topic in vSphere and explains the need for NVMe-oF.
- Continuous Improvement in Simplicity and Resilience with vSAN. Article includes a history view on vSAN.
- New feature in vSphere 7: Virtual Watchdog timer
- Components of the vSphere with Kubernetes pod service.
- New features in vSphere 7 in content library: check in/out of templates, versioning.
- Business Continuity is a widely used term. But what does it mean? Read here what Veeam thinks about it.
- Veeam Backup & Replication Best Practices
- Read about the backup 3-2-1 rule in this post. It discusses pro/contra different storage options for backups.
- There are a few thoughts on vSphere tagging when it comes to Veeam disaster recovery.
- A very good overview of different site availability concepts. Includes:
- single datacenter
- active passive datacenter
- active active datacenter
- VMware vSphere metro storage cluster
- site availability on application level
- HCI disk (HDDs, SSDs, pMEM) options. Gives some insights of Intel technologies.
- Will NVMe replace SAS/SATA for HDDs and tape too? Interesting question.