Change IP address of master node in vROps 6.0.x
With these steps you can change the IP address of a master node in vROps 6. This also works for a one-node installation.
- Take Cluster Offline on admin-page (https://master_node/admin)
- Shutdown vROps VM.
- Here is a good time to take a snapshot. I recommend to do this … see last step.
- Change IP configuration in Settings of vROps VM:
- Edit Settings –> Options –> vApp Options –> Properties
- Start vROps VM
- Check shown IP address on console after boot. If the old address is shown, reboot again.
/usr/lib/vmware-vcopssuite/utilities/sliceConfiguration/bin/vcopsConfigureRoles.py --adminCS new_IP_address
- To check the script work correct, check these files for new IP address
- Bring cluster back online. In my experience it could happen that bringing the cluster online again stucks with status
waiting for analytics. If this is the case return to snapshot and try again.