vCenter warning during guest quiescing for snapshots
In an environment I saw this error when backup creates VMware snapshots of three VMs:
Warning message on VM on host in datacenter. The guest OS has reported an error during quiescing. The error code was: 5. The error message was: 'VssSyncStart' operation failed. IDispatch error #8723 (0x80042413)
Facts about the environment:
- ESXi version: 6.7.0, 13981272.
- Guest: Windows Server 2019.
- VMware tools: 10346 (10.3.10).
- Found nothing unique to these VMs. There was VMs without errors with same software installed.
- VMs were newly created and installed.
Corresponding VMware KB article is easy to find. But there is no solution to this issue. After creating a ticket for further information, I get information from VMware support that VMware tools version 11 will solve the problem. But no information about availability of this version.