vCenter warning during guest quiescing for snapshots
In an environment I saw this error when backup creates VMware snapshots of three VMs:
Warning message on VM on host in datacenter. The guest OS has reported an error during quiescing. The error code was: 5. The error message was: 'VssSyncStart' operation failed. IDispatch error #8723 (0x80042413)
Facts about the environment:
- ESXi version: 6.7.0, 13981272.
- Guest: Windows Server 2019.
- VMware tools: 10346 (10.3.10).
- Found nothing unique to these VMs. There was VMs without errors with same software installed.
- VMs were newly created and installed.
Corresponding VMware KB article is easy to find. But there is no solution to this issue. After creating a ticket for further information, I get information from VMware support that VMware tools version 11 will solve the problem. But no information about availability of this version.
FYI, on Sep 19 2019, VMware Tools 11 was released: